♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    11,691 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

Kumiko: Post 5

Basic Mission:
    • 3-5 quality posts per stage are required for a player trying to evolve a 3-stage Pokemon

#6 // wc: 619

A smile snuck upon Conan’s face. Kumiko’s soft words wafted towards him, her enjoyment of this entire scene subtle yet powerful to him. Honestly, he detested bringing anyone into the PokeWorld; but with the way she marveled the sky above and the Pokemon that approached her, no resentment or fear to fall upon her expression, he couldn’t help but feel something like respect burning in his tum. He smirked when the creature splashed water upon her face, a soft chuckle leaving him as he leaned his head back and laughed. The laugh rocked through his ribs, powerful and true, and when he stopped, he cleared his throat, turning his head to the side. The sad boy expression flitted back onto his face and he mumbled, “Alright, let’s go! Take us to your shores, Walrein!”

The Pokemon below him yelped, rolling its eyes up at the young child. Regardless, it propelled beautiful ribbed fins forward in the water. They slid through the stream at a leisurely pace, the bubbles floating and popping over head the only indication any time had passed along this river. Conan blinked once, twice, still somehow believing that at any moment the majestic beauty of the Selefeine River would vanish all before his eyes. But every time he looked down, he only saw blue fins wading through the clear water, his face staring back at him with vibrant eyes. He would turn to one side, only to see the vegetation bursting upwards from the soil, and when he turned his other way, he only saw Kumiko riding upon her own Walrein. The seconds ticked by, but for some reason that he couldn’t explain, he grew anxious of waiting after only the first few minutes riding by. He told himself it was because he had no idea what this woman could be up to, not at all because he had a human riding next to him for the first time in literally ever -

“So,” he blurted out, laying his arms behind his head as he reclined on the Pokemon’s back, “What’s the worst situation you’ve ever had to deal with? Do kids fight in schools all the time like it says so in the books?” Shame burned bright on his cheeks. He himself couldn’t read, but it was Shalulu who cradled him in the nooks of his body, rocking him to sleep as he read him whatever washed up on their shores. That shame quickly dissipated however as he thought of new questions. “Have you ever had to beat a kid up for beating up another kid?!” He shot up upon the Walrein then, much to the Pokemon’s annoyance. With a deep grunt, it lodged him off its body! He sank to the stream with a yelp of surprise. Soon thereafter, the boy swam the short distance towards Kumiko’s Walrein and pulled on her ankle from under the water! “Have you ever expelled anybody?!” he asked with alacrity, black bangs sticking to his face.

A splashing noise snapped him out of his attention. Up ahead, a shabby fish with skin like punctured sandpaper flailed against the soil, somehow caught in the seaweed. At this point, the Feebas panicked, throwing its body against the same entangled seaweed to free itself. “Congratulations, you’re the only water Pokemon that could die by drowning,” Conan deadpanned out loud, rolling his eyes. His hand still held onto Kumiko’s ankle as their Pokemon kept lazily floating through the stream. Slowly, the Feebas turned its head towards them. Conan rolled his eyes again, his mouth this time twisting with his expression. “Can you save that?” he complained to Kumiko. “I’m already wet,” he added on, as if it could make a difference.

MISTRAL IMMORTAL

some day, my dream will find me Administrator Mistral's Avatar
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    19,728 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

i've feared the deepest darkest secrets that live inside me
    all of my strength, all of my might, will go into this to take back my life
    tomorrow is gone, i'll start living for today. i'll never stop the fighting and i'll take it all away

They rode in silence for what felt like a moment before Conan spoke up, asking her about the school. In that brief period of silence, she'd spent time taking in the sights. Kumiko spent much of her time in the Space Station these days. It was rare for her to go out and explore the PokeWorld. She wanted to, but she didn't have time, and when she did have time, she was exhausted. Being a teacher was exhausting. She wanted to take in every moment of this experience she could.

But Conan was speaking to her now, and she had to pay attention to the barrage of questions he was throwing at her. When she tried to open her mouth to respond, he'd throw another question at her, and she had to wait for him to finish that one before she could try to answer the first. By the time he asked his third question, the Walrein tossed the small boy off of his back. He landed in the water, and the next thing she knew, she was being pulled off of the Walrein she was on by the boy. She let out a shout of surprise as she was dragged into the water by her ankle, and she entered with a splash. Kumiko was submerged for a moment, but she resurfaced, taking in a deep breath of air.

A splashing noise nearby brought their attention to a Feebas that was tangled in some seaweed. Conan asked her to help the fish, claiming he was already wet. Kyuu made a snide remark, thankfully only to where Kumiko could hear, along the lines of "we're wet too," but with much more vulgarity. Kumiko was glad the thought had only been shared with her and not with the young boy.

She swam over to the Feebas, not bothering to tell Conan to let go of her ankle; she was able to swim even with the boy attached to her, though it was a little bit more difficult. Once she did reach the Feebas, she was able to start untangling it and answer Conan's questions all at once.

"I've never had to fight any of the students or expel anyone, no. I've had to break up fights, but I've never actually participated in one," she said. "Kids do fight though, but I'm not sure that's the worst situation I've ever had to deal with." She had to think for a moment on that one. As a teacher, she had to deal with a lot of situations with the students, and sometimes the staff too. "I guess the worst situation would be with some of the students that haven't really learned how to control the powers their PokeSouls give them. There's been some particularly rough situations there with students who haven't quite grasped their powers just yet."

Word Count: 469
    Tag: @Smiles;
    song lyrics from august burns red's internal cannon
    +P300

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    11,691 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

MAJOR apologies for the belated reply on this! :<

Kumiko: Post 6

Basic Mission:
    • 3-5 quality posts per stage are required for a player trying to evolve a 3-stage Pokemon

#7 // wc: 518

Patience: it clambers onto the hardest of hearts and heals them. Time sees that all is restored to a loving order, and this time, Conan learned to be the patient one. Time flew by as he listened to Kumiko, hearing her narrate tales of what it meant to be a teacher in face of students who fought one another. Hugging the Walrein close to himself, his chin tucked in the rubbery blue of its neck, he simply nodded idly as they continued to float down the river. He smiled genuinely when she turned to unfasten the Feebas from its own deathtrap: and his smile grew wider with the glow that emanated from the wild creature!

Tiny bubbles of light gathered on the tips of the Feebas’ fins, sharpened to the touch. The bubbles expanded, engulfing the Pokemon in light! The shine rippled off the surface of the water far below it, illuminating creatures untouched by such light even in these crystal-clear depths. The river swirled with color for a moment before a figure stretched outwards from the light, its body craned upwards until a beige serpent remained, enormous red fins fanning the water from its forehead. A tan horn shot out from its head, the centerpoint of two eyes like cut marble that marveled after its savior. The Milotic sung a beautiful hymn before sinking back into the far depths from where it emerged.

“Whoa,” Conan cooed, lighting up! “Haven’t seen that in a while,” he added, rubbing the back of his head. “They Pokemon call this place the Selefeine River. Evolution’s all jacked up here, but it lets miracles like this happen.” Conan rolled his eyes back, relishing in the memories of Shalulu washing over him. The Kingdra tried to teach them about the ways of their world eagerly, slowly, explaining with the utmost care how a river like this, which wound around the entire PokeWorld in one aurora ribbon, could claim time as its own dimension to twist. These thoughts blew away Conan’s mind and he exhaled a big breath in the present, preferring to not think about how precarious everything in their world truly was.

“So, why a teacher then? What’s so great about all us stupid kids?” he asked, beaming through the cloth on his face. He had implicitly included himself in “kids” but said nothing more, genuine curiosity coating his tone. This was the first human he’d interacted with in far too long, and now that the questions started, the aggressive exterior quickly faded into the disguise he’d shelve away until another time. “Do you do as much learning as teaching? How much do you all know about the PokeWorld and Pokemon evolution over there?” His voice creascendoed with each word he added on, so eager to know everything about the general situation of humans’ and particularly, of human children who would have been just like him. The Walrein belched at him, firmly conveying its dissatisfaction with the way the boy’s hands tightened around its body with his excitement. Conan barked something snappy in reply to the creature before turning back to Kumiko.

MISTRAL IMMORTAL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12