♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

Kumiko: Post 5

Basic Mission:
    • 3-5 quality posts per stage are required for a player trying to evolve a 3-stage Pokemon

#6 // wc: 619

A smile snuck upon Conan’s face. Kumiko’s soft words wafted towards him, her enjoyment of this entire scene subtle yet powerful to him. Honestly, he detested bringing anyone into the PokeWorld; but with the way she marveled the sky above and the Pokemon that approached her, no resentment or fear to fall upon her expression, he couldn’t help but feel something like respect burning in his tum. He smirked when the creature splashed water upon her face, a soft chuckle leaving him as he leaned his head back and laughed. The laugh rocked through his ribs, powerful and true, and when he stopped, he cleared his throat, turning his head to the side. The sad boy expression flitted back onto his face and he mumbled, “Alright, let’s go! Take us to your shores, Walrein!”

The Pokemon below him yelped, rolling its eyes up at the young child. Regardless, it propelled beautiful ribbed fins forward in the water. They slid through the stream at a leisurely pace, the bubbles floating and popping over head the only indication any time had passed along this river. Conan blinked once, twice, still somehow believing that at any moment the majestic beauty of the Selefeine River would vanish all before his eyes. But every time he looked down, he only saw blue fins wading through the clear water, his face staring back at him with vibrant eyes. He would turn to one side, only to see the vegetation bursting upwards from the soil, and when he turned his other way, he only saw Kumiko riding upon her own Walrein. The seconds ticked by, but for some reason that he couldn’t explain, he grew anxious of waiting after only the first few minutes riding by. He told himself it was because he had no idea what this woman could be up to, not at all because he had a human riding next to him for the first time in literally ever -

“So,” he blurted out, laying his arms behind his head as he reclined on the Pokemon’s back, “What’s the worst situation you’ve ever had to deal with? Do kids fight in schools all the time like it says so in the books?” Shame burned bright on his cheeks. He himself couldn’t read, but it was Shalulu who cradled him in the nooks of his body, rocking him to sleep as he read him whatever washed up on their shores. That shame quickly dissipated however as he thought of new questions. “Have you ever had to beat a kid up for beating up another kid?!” He shot up upon the Walrein then, much to the Pokemon’s annoyance. With a deep grunt, it lodged him off its body! He sank to the stream with a yelp of surprise. Soon thereafter, the boy swam the short distance towards Kumiko’s Walrein and pulled on her ankle from under the water! “Have you ever expelled anybody?!” he asked with alacrity, black bangs sticking to his face.

A splashing noise snapped him out of his attention. Up ahead, a shabby fish with skin like punctured sandpaper flailed against the soil, somehow caught in the seaweed. At this point, the Feebas panicked, throwing its body against the same entangled seaweed to free itself. “Congratulations, you’re the only water Pokemon that could die by drowning,” Conan deadpanned out loud, rolling his eyes. His hand still held onto Kumiko’s ankle as their Pokemon kept lazily floating through the stream. Slowly, the Feebas turned its head towards them. Conan rolled his eyes again, his mouth this time twisting with his expression. “Can you save that?” he complained to Kumiko. “I’m already wet,” he added on, as if it could make a difference.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

the shell out pokemon Super Moderator Mistral's Avatar
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,222 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

i've feared the deepest darkest secrets that live inside me
    all of my strength, all of my might, will go into this to take back my life
    tomorrow is gone, i'll start living for today. i'll never stop the fighting and i'll take it all away

They rode in silence for what felt like a moment before Conan spoke up, asking her about the school. In that brief period of silence, she'd spent time taking in the sights. Kumiko spent much of her time in the Space Station these days. It was rare for her to go out and explore the PokeWorld. She wanted to, but she didn't have time, and when she did have time, she was exhausted. Being a teacher was exhausting. She wanted to take in every moment of this experience she could.

But Conan was speaking to her now, and she had to pay attention to the barrage of questions he was throwing at her. When she tried to open her mouth to respond, he'd throw another question at her, and she had to wait for him to finish that one before she could try to answer the first. By the time he asked his third question, the Walrein tossed the small boy off of his back. He landed in the water, and the next thing she knew, she was being pulled off of the Walrein she was on by the boy. She let out a shout of surprise as she was dragged into the water by her ankle, and she entered with a splash. Kumiko was submerged for a moment, but she resurfaced, taking in a deep breath of air.

A splashing noise nearby brought their attention to a Feebas that was tangled in some seaweed. Conan asked her to help the fish, claiming he was already wet. Kyuu made a snide remark, thankfully only to where Kumiko could hear, along the lines of "we're wet too," but with much more vulgarity. Kumiko was glad the thought had only been shared with her and not with the young boy.

She swam over to the Feebas, not bothering to tell Conan to let go of her ankle; she was able to swim even with the boy attached to her, though it was a little bit more difficult. Once she did reach the Feebas, she was able to start untangling it and answer Conan's questions all at once.

"I've never had to fight any of the students or expel anyone, no. I've had to break up fights, but I've never actually participated in one," she said. "Kids do fight though, but I'm not sure that's the worst situation I've ever had to deal with." She had to think for a moment on that one. As a teacher, she had to deal with a lot of situations with the students, and sometimes the staff too. "I guess the worst situation would be with some of the students that haven't really learned how to control the powers their PokeSouls give them. There's been some particularly rough situations there with students who haven't quite grasped their powers just yet."

Word Count: 469
    Tag: @Smiles;
    song lyrics from august burns red's internal cannon
    +P300

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

MAJOR apologies for the belated reply on this! :<

Kumiko: Post 6

Basic Mission:
    • 3-5 quality posts per stage are required for a player trying to evolve a 3-stage Pokemon

#7 // wc: 518

Patience: it clambers onto the hardest of hearts and heals them. Time sees that all is restored to a loving order, and this time, Conan learned to be the patient one. Time flew by as he listened to Kumiko, hearing her narrate tales of what it meant to be a teacher in face of students who fought one another. Hugging the Walrein close to himself, his chin tucked in the rubbery blue of its neck, he simply nodded idly as they continued to float down the river. He smiled genuinely when she turned to unfasten the Feebas from its own deathtrap: and his smile grew wider with the glow that emanated from the wild creature!

Tiny bubbles of light gathered on the tips of the Feebas’ fins, sharpened to the touch. The bubbles expanded, engulfing the Pokemon in light! The shine rippled off the surface of the water far below it, illuminating creatures untouched by such light even in these crystal-clear depths. The river swirled with color for a moment before a figure stretched outwards from the light, its body craned upwards until a beige serpent remained, enormous red fins fanning the water from its forehead. A tan horn shot out from its head, the centerpoint of two eyes like cut marble that marveled after its savior. The Milotic sung a beautiful hymn before sinking back into the far depths from where it emerged.

“Whoa,” Conan cooed, lighting up! “Haven’t seen that in a while,” he added, rubbing the back of his head. “They Pokemon call this place the Selefeine River. Evolution’s all jacked up here, but it lets miracles like this happen.” Conan rolled his eyes back, relishing in the memories of Shalulu washing over him. The Kingdra tried to teach them about the ways of their world eagerly, slowly, explaining with the utmost care how a river like this, which wound around the entire PokeWorld in one aurora ribbon, could claim time as its own dimension to twist. These thoughts blew away Conan’s mind and he exhaled a big breath in the present, preferring to not think about how precarious everything in their world truly was.

“So, why a teacher then? What’s so great about all us stupid kids?” he asked, beaming through the cloth on his face. He had implicitly included himself in “kids” but said nothing more, genuine curiosity coating his tone. This was the first human he’d interacted with in far too long, and now that the questions started, the aggressive exterior quickly faded into the disguise he’d shelve away until another time. “Do you do as much learning as teaching? How much do you all know about the PokeWorld and Pokemon evolution over there?” His voice creascendoed with each word he added on, so eager to know everything about the general situation of humans’ and particularly, of human children who would have been just like him. The Walrein belched at him, firmly conveying its dissatisfaction with the way the boy’s hands tightened around its body with his excitement. Conan barked something snappy in reply to the creature before turning back to Kumiko.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,222 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

tomorrow is gone, i'll start living for today. i'll never stop the fighting and i'll take it all away

She gasped.

The Feebas glowed, and she backed away just a bit to give it space. Kumiko recognized what was happening; she'd seen it in books before on the Space Station, but seeing it in person was so very different. The way the Feebas glowed, the way it changed shape from this creature that so many deemed ugly into something that was deemed beautiful. It was a very fascinating sight, and she couldn't pull her eyes away from it until the Milotic swam away.

It swam away just in time for her to hear that Conan was telling her that this place was called the Selefeine River. He said that "evolution's all jacked up here, but it lets miracles like this happen." Curiosity was getting the better of her now. What did he mean that evolution was all jacked up here? Was there something that affected the Pokemon, something that kept them from evolving?

She swam back to the Walrein and climbed onto its back to join Conan. She had so many questions to ask, but before she could ask any of her own, he had questions of his own that she had to answer. She shrugged before starting to respond. "I dunno. I've always had a thirst for knowledge. I guess teaching was the best way for me to go in this world so that I could continue learning." Nothing else in this world really appealed to her. As an educator, she was able to learn from others just as they learned from them. She was able to be a researcher and share her knowledge with her students and her colleagues. The learning never stopped for Kumiko. "We have books on the PokeWorld and evolution on the Space Station, but reading about it in a book is very different from seeing it and experiencing it in the real world."

And she wasn't wrong. The sense of awe Kumiko felt when she witnessed an evolution before her very eyes was something she never would've seen if she hadn't come down here. "If you don't mind me asking, what did you mean when you said that evolution here is jacked up? I've read that it happens when a Pokemon is ready, but I don't think that I've ever seen anything about evolution being jacked up here."

Word Count: 381
    +P300

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

Kumiko: Post 7

Basic Mission:

#8 // wc: 626

Conan pressed his chin into the Walrein’s white ruffles. Knowledge, huh? A pensive expression ghosted across his expression as he hung onto Kumiko’s every single word. What precisely was this whole knowledge thing?... When he wanted a Pecha berry perched far in a tree above him as a kid, he spent a few minutes fumbling around with his grasp on the bark until he could fully pull himself up. That was learning, Shalulu had told him. But the boy pondered over what it meant for a woman like Kumiko to go to school full-time as a child herself, graduate, and then move on to teach other people. Inferiority snuck down his spine and he stretched his arm as she spoke, unconsciously trying to shake off his own feeling of unknowing.

“That’s a cool job, Lady Kumiko,” he said idly, his eyes still lost in all the possibilities he couldn’t see. He didn’t realize the formality after he said it. Merely, he continued on with, “Knowledge is good. Those kids are real lucky to learn from you, even if it must be boring.” He added on the last bit with his tongue poking slightly out at her. Just like that, color sunk back into his cheeks and he defeated those self-destroying thoughts for now. The river continued to rumble on by at a gentle pace, waves lapping at the edges of his consciousness as she said more. Something clicked in his head when she talked about reading about evolution in the books, and he bolted upright, much to the Walrein’s discontent beneath him!

“Hey wait, Kumiko!” Curiosity and excitement swam in those irises. “Have you ever seen a Poekmon evolve right before you? Before that Feebas that swam away earlier?”

He spread out his arms, widening them into a circle that he shot into the sky. “Evolution happens all the time here, for all sorts of crazy reasons! I’ve seen it happen when Pokemon are threatened by other Pokemon, when the seasons change, when the moon aligns with the stars above Temple at just the right time…” he stopped for a second, the realization of how long he’d truly been on this planet dawning on him. But he was still young, compared at least to Shalulu, who hadn’t seem to age a day since he had met the Kingdra as a baby.

“Right, so on this River,” he began, reeling himself back into reality, “Pokemon can alter what they want about evolution, go back from an evolved stage to the one before it. Shalulu’s explained the myth of it to me all before, about what makes this River so special and what’s hidden way far under the surface. You should ask him about it.” His eyes rolled back over to her. The open invitation to meet his guardian, caretaker, and best friend was a rare compliment from such an angry boy.

“Yo, there it is!”

Spreading out before them was a huge slab of white rock, dotted by the bodies of at least one-hundred Walrein and their evolution families. Spinning in aurora ribbons, they roared with gentle ease, flapping their fins and singing in throaty, powerful sounds that echoed across the river side. But what was marvelous was the way the Pokemon shifted from Spheal to Sealeo, Walrein back to Sealo and all sorts of combination. Conan grinned. This was the power of their shared river.

“Hey, you were brought here because we heard you’re compiling research on those critters. Wanna take a look at them in real life, as they’re pushing back and forth on puberty?” White bubbles of evolution glow shot out from multiple Walrein, as if they were putting on a show! “Or you could meet Shalulu now, too. Either way. The River’s nice.”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,222 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Over the course of the time she and Conan had been together, the young boy had a change in attitude. He had been so pushy earlier, so eager to get things done, bringing her away from her work for an unknown reason, and now he was showing her respect, calling her Lady Kumiko, showing her this magical new lad that she'd never really seen before. A world that was so very different from the world she'd known over the course of the past several years, a world that showed her the magic of evolution. It was a magical world, a beautiful world.

He got excited when she spoke of evolution though. The way this young man changed emotions so quickly caught her off guard a little bit, but she didn't mind. It wasn't necessarily a bad change, and she wasn't ever in any danger. "No, I haven't," she replied. "Like I said, I've read about it in books and such, but I've never actually seen it happen before. Today was my first time."

And then he went into explaining Pokemon evolution. For someone who hadn't spent a day in school (at least as far as she was aware), Conan was very knowledgeable about the topic. But with the exception of them evolving when they felt threatened, she'd never heard of the other two. The Selefeine River was truly a fascinating, unique place. Had it existed before the world changed? Kumiko would've loved to see it if the world hadn't changed, if people hadn't come to hate PokeSouls like her and Conan, if they hadn't come to hate Pokemon. How was her family faring after all these years? Did they still hate Pokemon?

Conan's words brought her back to reality as he pointed out the Walrein and members of their evolution family stretched out on a rock. It was beautiful, the way they sang in harmony, the way spun in aurora ribbons. Some of them glowed as if they were going to evolve, which would've struck her as odd if Conan hadn't told her that in this place, Pokemon could go back and forth between evolutions.

He reminded her that she was researching them, and she nodded. "We can go see them first," she said. "And then we can meet this Shalulu you speak of."

Word Count: 380
    +P300

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

Kumiko: Post 8

Basic Mission:

#9 // wc: 523

“Alright, let’s go!” Conan grinned something fierce as he slapped his hand instinctively on the Walrein’s thigh, urging it to swim as fast as it could! The beast shot through the water with a wide roar that reverberated all through Conan’s tiny skeleton. The boy laughed as waves of mist flowed from either side of the creature as it bolted through the water to finally lurch onto the white slab of rock ahead. He braced himself, locking legs onto the creature’s own, when it launched itself full-onto the rock! They sailed through the sky for three seconds that Conan treasured. When they skid across the slab with a squeal, the other Pokemon didn’t even bother to move, merely slowing down the duo’s impact with bodies made of blue lubber and fluff. “Tch,” Conan murmured under his breath, mildly annoyed with the laziness of these creatures. They were cool when they were fast, but otherwise their breath stunk and he wouldn’t be caught dead making friends with such blubbery Pokemon!

As if the Pokemon could hear his inner tirade, it dumped him on its back, sending him straight to a jagged, ice-slicked ground. Conan cried as he met the ground, looking up to find little rivulets of white stone pulsating through the grey slab. The cold crept through his clothes and he sighed.

“Yeesh! Thanks! I’m not sorry - I still think you guys are kinda weird and smelly,” he exclaimed back to the Pokemon, rubbing his back before standing up again. “Hey, Kumiko!” he called, offering his hand out to the other who must have also made it onto the rock. All around them, the Walrein families glowed, singing their songs of love on this lonely grey slab. In what must have been a ritual event of sorts, Pokemon began evolving once the Walrein surrounding them reached a smooth low tenor in their songs. Conan blinked twice, his heart slowly syncing towards the song, mentally calculating what note the tell-tale sign of white warmth, for evolution, would begin upon.

“This right here is new to me.” The words left him lowly as if without his permission as idle eyes scanned all the Pokemon surrounding them. “I guess some Pokemon have rituals that revolve around other Pokemon to evolve, too.” Conan turned towards Kumiko, an idea evident on his face with a crooked grin. “Hey! If you sold your research notes about this, you could probably make a billion dollars off of this scene!”

However, that scene was cut short by a chorus of cries. Conan stretched on his tip-toes, blood sprinting through his veins at the sounds of disharmony. Adrenaline. A Pokemon crashed through the crowd of Walrein, a five-ton monster on all-four’s, a conch-like shell slicing through the frigid air. Another cry rang out as the latter creature smashed the Walrein to the ground, hollering over the Pokemon with its mighty jaw barred! From their vantage point, the crowd of Walrein surrounding the two thinned out considerably as the frightened creatures crouched together. The perpetrator roared out its challenge, thick white whiskers on its head billowing in the wind, snout sniffing out fresh blood, the shells sewn onto thick limbs shining in the sunlight.

Conan whistled excitedly! “A Samurott, fighting with the Walrein,” he whispered to Kumiko. “Pokemon fight all the time for territory. We should probably step back and let them handle this,” he suggested, scratching his ear as the hulking figure tried to clamp its jaw down upon the Walrein, only to be bashed in the chest by the Pokemon’s counterattack.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,222 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

'I'm going to die,' was Kyuu's first thought as they soared into the air on the Walrein's back. Kumiko's, on the other hand, was to hang onto the Walrein so that she (and Kyuu) wouldn't die. They landed on the ice and slid across it, being slowed only by the other resting Walrein. Once they'd slowed to a stop, Conan was thrown off of the Walrein for reasons Kumiko didn't fully understand, but she was free to slide off of the Pokemon's back after giving it a gentle pat on the back in thanks. When she landed, she held her balance for a moment, but she wasn't able to stay on her feet for longer than just a brief moment before she fell down too.

Frigid air made her shiver, and she wasn't hesitant in taking Conan's hand and getting back on her feet. She was still cold, but at least standing up made it just a bit more tolerable. Kumiko only wished that she'd known they'd be going to a cold environment ahead of time; she would've brought a jacket or something to keep her warm.

The Pokemon around her started singing a song of love, and some of them started to evolve. Could music make Pokemon evolve? She listened closely to their song, as closely as she could, to listen to when their tune would change, to try and see when they'd evolve. Kumiko was taking mental notes, remembering everything; she wished she had a notepad and a pen with her, something to write all of this down so that she could put it into thoughts later, but she had nothing and that disappointed her. She hoped she could remember it all later, and if she couldn't, hopefully Kyuu would; the PokeSoul inside her had been incredibly useful when it came to remembering information when she had nothing to write it down on.

Conan's words broke her from her thoughts, and a bit of a smile crept onto her lips. "I could," she said. "But I'll probably just use it to further knowledge on Pokemon evolution. I'm not in it for the money." And that was true. To her, knowledge was more important to her than any amount of money she could ever be given. Knowledge gave more power than money ever could.

Pokemon cries rang out around her, and suddenly, she saw Walrein being shoved aside by another blue Pokemon, this one darker blue than the Walrein. A Samurott, she recognized from the pictures she'd seen in books. It was a fierce Pokemon, and now it was locked into a fight with the Walrein that rested here.

"Oh," she said when Conan explained that this was a frequent sight. This wasn't particularly a sight she wanted to be near; fighting was never something she was particularly interested in. She was able to defend herself thanks to Kyuu, but the PokeSoul would have to take over if it came down to that. "What about Shalulu? Can't she stop them? Or we could go see her maybe?" Anything to get away from this fight.

Word Count: 510
    +P300

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@Mistral

Kumiko: Post 9

almost there!! <3

Basic Mission:

#10 // wc: 416

“Of course,” Conan muttered under his breath when Kumiko responded that she would never use her research for selfish avarice. He rolled his eyes; he should have expected that, should have known that she would differ from the handful of humans he’d met in his life through old, stained books. She distinguished herself in a lot of ways already, gave him an entirely new insight on humans though he wouldn’t admit it to himself in the moment.

Instead he carefully watched her gaze, ascertaining how she would feel about the events playing out in front of her. Pokemon attacking other Pokemon, on the PokeWorld, was ruthless and entirely full-on: carnage, destruction, devastation, consciousness knocked out from one Pokemon and the other with a slight jab of wings or pincers or thick limbs. It was something Conan saw often, something he knew to be normal: there was a power structure here, and the strongest got to reign supreme.

Though he was still figuring out where he belonged in all of that.

“Shalulu?” he said with a slight smirk. “Sure, though I can’t say if he’ll actually like you honestly.” The snide little comment came from the surface level of his personality called “i’m a little shit” crossed with the other personality known as “i just fell on my ass and need to look cool again whoops.” He motioned out his hand to her, signaling for her to follow him away from the frenzy of the Pokemon below. They would work it out; nature declared that things would carry out as usual in not very long!

The rocky crevice they stood up bottomed out considerably, a downhill slope that ended in yet another smooth slide of stream. This one billowed out for as far as the eye could see, catching the rays of the afternoon and reflecting them upon its crystal surface. Conan sprinted down, his little legs taking big strides as he aimed for the river!

“Water magic!” he said to no one in particular as he flared his arms out, jumping into the stream full-on! The water acquiesced to his wishes, bubbling upwards into a sphere! The surface of that sphere gurgled and shined until it formed a perfect mirror that opened up within itself. Conan had crafted yet another magical portal, and he grinned at his little ability.

“Alright, you ready for another portal, Kumiko?” he asked the teacher. “This time, you’ve got to think your most embarrassing thought for it to work!”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,222 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Kumiko was grateful to be able to get away from the fight, though she could feel Kyuu's disappointment inside of her. That was where human and PokeSoul differed -- where Kumiko liked peace and no violence, Kyuu was all about the fight. While she was able to stand her ground (especially moreso now that she was a teacher), Kumiko left most of the fighting to Kyuu. It was better that way.

She ran down the hill, gravity making her pick up her pace more than she'd wanted to, but she was able to keep her balance this time. It wasn't the first time she'd run down a slope like that, though admittedly, it was her first time in many years; she hadn't done anything like this since she was a child, before all of this happened. Kumiko watched as Conan threw himself into the stream. She stopped herself at the end of the slope, not wanting to throw herself into what was likely cold water just yet.

As she watched him form this sphere to create yet another portal, her thoughts drifted back to what he'd said just before they came down the slope. What if Shalulu didn't like her? She shook her head. No, those were thoughts she couldn't think now. Conan had called out to her, asking her if she was ready for a second portal. Kumiko nodded, though she wasn't ready to think of her most embarrassing moment. Did she even have one? 'Not another portal,' Kyuu groaned inside of her.

It hit her. Her memories flashed back to the moments from before she went to the Space Station, before she found a new life she was able to embrace with ease once she'd gotten adjusted to it. Kumiko remembered the way her old friends treated her, the way her family treated her, and none of it was just kept behind closed doors. It was out in public too. She jumped into the water and then, into the portal. Nothing could be more embarrassing than public ridicule by your own friends and family.

Word Count: 343
    +P300

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast