User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vestige of Time (Kit & Cam)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

ooc: hi this took forever and it's bad i suck i'm sorry
    words || 441

The lightning tore through her like a roaring river. Cam was no more in control of it than she was of their erratic flight or the gears around them or Lucca soaring upward, ribbons of green hair matted down with sparks and sweat and sand.

The current passed through her.

Cam swayed as the last vestiges of the electricity flowed out, tendrils of the stormy surge running sweetly away from trembling fingers. She watched through clouded vision as the boat around them melted from the sheer heat, like the one time she'd had cake on her birthday and watched it slowly sag under the weight of the candle, the fire turning the frosting to water. This wasn't what she wanted.

Kit sagged down, safe in Wingut's talons, and Cam's distress was mitigated, if only temporarily, by the relief she felt through the steely skin of his back as he bore Kit to safety. That weight brought her strength, momentarily, strength that dissipated almost instantly as the weight turned into a heavy load on her shoulders, strong enough to make her knees buckle. She saw a boy with the heart of a machine reaching forward, his steely grey skin almost brushing against Wingnut's physical exterior.

Cam's ears burned red with shame. It boiled in the back of her throat like an insistent kettle, threatening to burst out of her mouth in a wave of nausea. She had done this. She had lashed out at this person, had acted without thinking, had commanded Wingnut forward--

A warrior's first action is to fight, and that is fair, Wingnut was telling her reassuringly, his wings beating to keep both himself and Kit firmly skyborne. But Cam didn't want to hear that. She didn't want to be a warrior if it meant making Lucca's face contort with indecision or ignoring Kit's well-being to launch a maelstrom or turning her name into one who wars. She wanted to be better than this, to be more than this. Lucca ferried travellers through time with a smile on her face. Mother protected the walls. Kit offered the lonely spirit his gear, the one that Cam had probably taken from him, with an outstretched reverence.

It wasn't fair.

She was too far away for her words to carry, and words were too thin to replace what she had done. It wouldn't be enough, but--"I'm sorry," she said through Wingnut's mouth, the steely beak opening and cracking to make a tongue shape words. There was fire in Kit's voice as she shouted to the spirit, but Cam couldn't bring herself to contribute a spark. "Please, take it back."

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@K'sariya & @Elysia

<3

Kit: Post 7
    Cam: Post 7

Hard Mission:
    This mission requires at least two players, not including the NPC, with 25 IC posts from each character.
    Prize Package:
    • IC: any single ability upgraded to the next level; P3,000 on top of normal money that would be received from posting
    • OOC: a Hard Pokemon of your choosing + 3 TM's

celebi PokeSoul
    #8 // wc: 723

The kid’s eyes are slabs of flint. On any side, they scintillate with the different ridges to hone a stare that cuts into whatever it sees; now, a fire sparks between them with his growing interest for his gear. Hands reach out first before legs slowly move, directing the child towards the gear the one named Kit hands out for him. He heeds their collective apology once, twice, his whole body still focused on the act of retrieving the middle of his body. Just as his hands are about to make contact with the gear, his presence hovering over Kit, his mechanical movements finally stop. He slinks a head over to Lucca, moving only just head, eyes, and crooked smile their way.

“You the traveler the Soul within you like me.”
    His head crooks a complete ninety degrees with a charming smile still spread from cheek to cheek. “Faraway you’ve been you return. Our minds similar no anger no storm no fear. Changed is absence.” The boy brings his head back to its natural position with a single pop. His smile stays the same, eyes leeringly empty, as he bridges the final distance between Kit and himself. Hands latch onto the gear in one movement. Another chunky, distinct movement follows as the boy moves it towards his chest. Finally, after holding his hands in the air for a tangible moment that presses into the back of Lucca’s neck with its presence and pressure, the gear snaps into place on the boy’s body! Something like a shock runs through him from toes up to eye sockets as he rolls along his spine, a goofy smile coating his face with the delightful energy coursing through him. The tips of his fingers tingle as he holds them out, staring at that before marveling at the rotating piece now spinning forever in his body, connecting the bottom of his ribcage to his hips.

“Yowzers!” he shrieks, his face aglow. “Better, my body! Thank you, to the both of you,” he states with a voice physically connected, words flowing smoothly from one to the next. “A storm like the one before? Never have I seen it. Different, both of you.”

Lucca missed the moment the young boy reacted, instantly flying over to Kit the second the gear was out of her hands. “How do you feel? What hurts?” the guardian spirit asks, instantly spreading the energy of that healing shield across her body propped up by the incredible Wingnut. The boy lingers in the peripherals of Lucca’s eyesight as he gently presses one finger to the deployed Wingnut, instantly destroying the illusion of his human hand. For the contact of one piece of technology to the next turns the boy’s finger into a jumble of bolts that clang to the floor in a song of metal melody. With unnatural speed, the boy scrambles below to collect them all. Sheer enthusiasm coats his face as he jumps right back up, staring into the eyes of Cam.

“Your robot invincible what’s the name of it?!” He stops momentarily then.

For the human side of him recognizes the defeat in her expression and tone, the tidbit of disappointment within herself. The boy scarambles for what to say. Eyes dart from point A to point B on the ground that still swirls with immense sand streams as if sorting through his mind for the exact right words to say. When he thinks he’s got it, he just blurts it out.

“Your robot SO COOL TEACH ME TO BUILD ONE.” He whirls then towards Kit, overwhelmed in his own excitement and the bit of empathy he had caught. “You, and you, do not be sorry,” he says softly, turning back over to Cam in his same awkward, awoken moment.

Lucca focuses their attention solely on Kit, trying to assuage any feelings of hurt or fear. The image of the vortex swooping down upon her cuts across their vision and the spirit sighs, upset still that such an event had evaded their careful eye. “We apologize for our folly. You both… are precious to us,” the spirit murmurs, bending head forward so green hat dips too and blocks their vision. Meanwhile, the boy begins running circles around Wingnut, Kit, Lucca, and Cam!

“I’m Troy! You are all who?” he asks with a resounding voice.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

words || 611

Are you unharmed? Wingnut asked her, steely wings flapping laboriously. He was a brave bird, Cam knew, but he was also a small one. The physical form she had given him was far less than the one he required, and maintaining it for too long, especially in something like the windstorm that had threatened to overwhelm their entire group, exhausted him. She could feel that much, and their shared fatigue rolled together.

One of the important things you had to know about Cam was that she got distracted fast.

Like, really, really fast.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Head hurts."

Once, Mom had told her that she'd really need to focus more if she wanted to do well in school, and Cam had tucked her hands into her pockets and looked at her feet because school stuff was boring and it was a lot easier to think about literally anything else, but especially robots, and Mom had been saying words while Cam suddenly noticed that there was an extra grease stain on her boot that hadn't been there before, which was kinda weird because that would imply that she'd gotten grease on it, which would mean that at some point, she'd probably spilled, except she and Wingnut were good, really good, which meant they never spilled, so where had the grease come from?

It was at this point that Cam realized she'd been distracted from thinking about how distractable she was, which was probably bad. Wingnut was chattering about iron-y, which was a stupid pun no matter what he said.

(They'd never really figured out where the grease had come from, actually. Oops. She'd have to check on that.)

​"Woah."

And it wasn't fair that there was just so much stuff happening that she had to constantly keep switching gears (pun intended? Maybe. Too soon.) to keep up. First Kit was maybe-on-fire and there was this ashen-guy who looked all sad and stuff (and who hadn't done a very good job of switching gears, evidently), which made Cam feel all kinds of awful inside, but now he seemed fine and wanted to look at Wingnut and was promising more adventures?

Cam watched with wide-mouthed amazement as the boy snapped the gear back into his chest, his torso accepting it like clockwork. She half expected his head to bounce right off, like the time she'd tried to shove too many springs into her gearbox and the whole thing had gone kaput, but he had a way of keeping things together. She watched him zip around, one hand reaching out to Wingnut before flickering away in illusion -- how in the world--

But how could they be anything in a world like this? Cam breathed deeply, enjoying the smell of the settled sand, and when she opened her eyes, the boy was in front of her, jabbering away in rapid-fire. Her eyes widened, and replied with equal speed. "I'm Cam, that's Kit up there, I think you met Lucca. The robot is Wingnut. He's huge and I made him myself but he's also a lot more than that and it's kinda complicated. Um." Cam paused for a moment, partly to breathe and partly to gauge her options. Most people did this thing when she started talking about robots and machines where their eyes got all glazed-over and they stopped listening. Hmm. Maybe not the best conversation to have at this exact moment, but --"I'll teach you," she said firmly, with the conviction that only a child could have. Then, uncertain and largely unaware that, clearly, they'd all already met, she spun back around to Kit. "Hey, Kit! This guy is really cool! Have you met Troy?"

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,651 (0 Banked)

KAYUQTUQ "KIT" AALUK

Hairs slowly raise the closer that the disembodied spirit gets to her. Breath stales in the depths of her chest. It whisks from her in a disgruntled sigh of anticipation as it eerily moves to Lucca to speak without pause. Kit's mind reels violently and she's disoriented by the constant snarls suddenly ripping from the back of her conscience, the freshly-awoken Aput's aggression setting off alarm bells in every fiber of her being.

Finally, the tension snaps and the other reclaims his body. Kit jumps back as if she'd been struck as the sudden movement ignites her anxiety into a reactionary inferno. Hand flies out and she steadies herself on the strange metal bird of Cam's that has helped save her. Her tails lash side to side with agitation.

Then Lucca takes up her vision and the healing calm that spreads over them helps set her at ease. Her balled fists slowly unfurl and she takes control of her breathing once more. The downright panic fades a little. And as it does, the memories and the smell of burning flesh return to haunt her nostrils. But as soon as they've appeared, they've gone. An image flashes in her mind of orange vulpine drawing darkness into its grasp and curling about it.

What are you doing? she asks.

Do not worry.

He locks the memory away and she doesn't have time to be angry at the way he tries to protect her. She looks up at Lucca, a vulnerability there in the dark child's eyes, and then out at the strange gear-boy as it begins to whirl about them and talks rapidly to Cam. Uncertain, Kit steps to their initial spirit guide, apprehending the metallic individual with caution. The girl moves beneath the shadow of Lucca's bent form, pressing her side against the other PokeSoul's, a skittish animal seeking comfort in familiarity.

Cam summons her attention to the boy and she looks over at him again, though a bit reluctantly. "Y-yeah," she manages, still a bit shaken from the adrenaline that courses through her form.

xxx words.

5. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@K'sariya & @Elysia

SUPER SORRY THIS IS SO LATE SKDFNKDSFSDF

Kit: Post 8
    Cam: Post 8

Hard Mission:
    This mission requires at least two players, not including the NPC, with 25 IC posts from each character.
    Prize Package:
    • IC: any single ability upgraded to the next level; P3,000 on top of normal money that would be received from posting

celebi PokeSoul
    #9 // wc: 729

Troy’s excitement spreads out from him in tangible displays of attention and affection. With every word Cam sends his way, he tweaks his half human, half metallic neck this way and that, bending the properties of his body to get closer to the breakthrough of meeting a new human. The boy leans his forehead towards her when she states that she’s alright, the skin separated by only a few inches as he inspects the child before him. “A Cam and a Lucca and a Kit and a Wingnut!” Eyes dart towards the others, watching a Lucca nervous with worry lean further into the child in their arms. Troy’s amazement abounds as he notices something change within Kit; something is being comforted, soothed away, a darkness locked away so the brightness of today may live again. Troy recognizes these ubiquitous signs of human resilience but cannot vocalize them; so when he turns back to Cam, fists are bunched before bursting into high fives!

“Thank you teach me together we adventure!” the boy exclaims, jumping up before landing ungracefully in a metallic pile on the soft sands. The world spins for a moment or ten, Troy’s mouth open in a wide O, before his legs and arms shoot up! “Adventure to adventure!” The blood in his veins beats blue and bright as he shakes on that ground, slowly sinking in. Above them all, the once furious gears in the sky are aligning towards a halcyon of holy light. The furious flurries of gears cease, to be replaced to the gentle ebbing of gears connecting to one another in an endless pathway towards that which lies far beyond in the distance. That sunlight sucks everything else away so the only sensation is the sound of the living beings around him, the warm sun shining upon ashen skin, the hum of Archaea here in his heart.

“Troy.” The word is a soft summoning upon Lucca’s tongue. Compassionate and just audible enough, reeling the boy into Lucca’s sphere of love. “From where do you come?” The guardian spirit’s mind swirls with a million different questions: why a PokeSoul is here within a split in the strands of time, how the gears reacted so violently towards them, how they made it out mostly unscathed through such a situation. They fear they have egregiously underestimated how actually dangerous such a mission may be.

Troy’s eyes flutter up to Lucca. The boy walks slowly, unconsciously following the sand floating up into the black eternal sky. It may have been a child following the shadows in the night, listening endlessly to all their stories and unexpressed fears. “Me. Us. Archaea, the souls of the lost who have gained consciousness. If you touch us, we burst into life with what has been lost, break out to rediscover that which we love.”

As Troy says that word, a veneer of light falls softly upon the gears overhead. He touches the gear in his own center. Warm, shiny steel engulfs his hand and he smiles. “I am here. Your mission for time travel is not simply your mission but the mission of many who have gone unknown, lost, wandering time forever. To learn more. To connect the pieces which history replaced. With just you, not as possible… but with many, it may be doable.” Troy’s eyes loom hopefully over Kit and Cam like twin moons, spinning a spell for the coming of a new tide: of discovery, of a more refined time travel. “I am here because you are here. There are many like me. Me, specifically, I…”

Troy cocks his head, fumbling through fresh memories being poured through his temples like shiny bright bliss. “... I want to be with you this time!”

Lucca is speechless. A smile, soft and sweet, sneaks onto their face before they realize it. Before they can ask more, explore the history of this child and his powers, the starstruck expression is swept off of Troy’s face. Instead, the boy is running ahead, following the pathway of the gears! Two each the size of cars sink into the sand, each one toppled next to each other like cobblestone. “I guess you too pass the Test of Time,” Lucca chuckles softly to themselves. “What secrets do you hold?” they think as Troy pulls on the wrists of both girls, encouraging them to follow him up the steps.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

sorry me = poop
    words || 625

Something was being discussed next to them, but Cam only had eyes for Wingnut. Danger had been averted; if Lucca was talking with people, then they were safe enough.

"Come here, quickly!" she urged him, almost whining, but she couldn't hide her worry very well. And never with him. She was the one who had to start the fights, inevitably, but it was always Wingnut who had to finish them. She caught him gently as he relinquished the burden of flight at last, wings losing purchase in the air and sliding back into his back. There were fresh dents here, scuffs from the steady streams of sand. Some of the edges of his feathers had been burned away, bits of steel twining out of shape.

Cam's eyes roved anxiously over them. The shell, she could fix. (And honestly, they'd done a lot worse to it before). It was the inner workings she was concerned about. The bird wearily hopped onto her outstretched wrist and bared his heart to her, folding panels in his chest unfurling like a flagship, sails flapping in the wind. Cam nervously peered in, poking around with the robotic precision of her metallic hand while Wingnut obediently emitted cold, blue LED light from his beak to light her way. There was some charring on the inner circuitry, and she'd no doubt pulled too much current across some of the more delicate components, but everything else appeared to be in order.

I am fine, Wingnut was telling her, but Cam already knew: he might be the emotionally resilient one, but she had crafted his body, and because of that, he was fragile. Your skin is soft and blood runs through your veins, Wingnut pointed out.

"Hush," Cam said, momentarily distracted to the point of speaking the words aloud instead as she removed a shorted resistor from a tangle of wires. There were enough failsafes for now, but-- "Solder that back on." And the bird complied, his own self-repair mechanisms kicking into action.

There were words in the background, exchanges of something that whispered of importance between Lucca and Troy, but the most important thing in the world right now was fixing Wingut. She crimped two of the broken feathers back together, letting the welding robot come in next and do its work, and then she took a nervous step back. Good as new.

Well, mostly new.

She held up her hand again, and it unfolded as well, accepting the bird easily into the subspace she had built into it. The panels across her mechanical arm swiveled smoothly back into place, hiding any sign that they had ever been apart at all, and Cam gave a small sigh of relief.

For the first time in a while, she remembered Kit. Kit, who had been endangered by this whole affair. Kit, who had been able to save Troy. Kit, who she had just met. There were so many words and more that Cam wanted to say, but she didn't know how to form any of them. So she said the first thing she thought of instead. "So, uh. Do you know what they're talking about?"

Almost as if aware of her words, the two unearthly figures ceased their conversation, and then Troy was running ahead, feet sinking into the sand of time as he dragged Cam behind him by the human arm. She marveled at the touch of his metal skin on hers, and then her legs remembered to move to carry her. She gasped. "Please don't take this the wrong way, but where are we going?" Troy, Lucca, she wasn't really sure who she was asking -- at this point, Cam didn't know what to say or expect.
    Last edited by Elysia; 03-06-17 at 12:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,651 (0 Banked)

KAYUQTUQ "KIT" AALUK

Like a beast, the volume and the over-exaggerated motions make her nervous, uneasy. She gives a little jump after his small leap ends with his form piled in a heap but before she can form a proper reaction, his pieces are whirling and twirling back upright again and he's bounding about with a strange resilience that is both charming and disturbing. Kit still hasn't gotten over the body-is-a-gear thing, especially after having a similar-shaped piece of metal drag her screaming from the frozen swan.

Then, the sky catches her attention and she sees them, all calm and waving, aligning like planets to a path that snakes into the distance. Eyes grow wide with wonder and fear as the girl can't help but wondered where such a line would take them. A part of her wants adventure. Another part fears death. Aput hums gently from the back of her brain in an attempt to soothe her anxiety.

Metallic sounds draw her gaze. She sees Cam's contraption, Wingnut, alight upon the tinkerer's arm. Curiosity is piqued and she steps forward to bring herself behind and to Cam's right. There's a churning and suddenly the mech's breast peels back away in layer after layer, pieces folding and sliding to reveal the complicated workings within. Never in her life has she seen such a thing. Kit had seen the vehicles of man but nothing matched the complexity packed into this small, brilliant space.

Then, to top it off, the creature seems to meld down into the compartment that Cam has made upon herself for it. By the time she turns back to Kit, the girl has to force her hanging jaw shut. Suddenly the other girl is speaking and she has to jump away from her amazement and back to her reality to catch the words in time. At the inquiry, she looks back over to Lucca and Troy, not having even realized they'd been talking.

"N-No clue," she admits, still reeling. Aput chuckles at her in the back of her mind and that finally brings her to some degree of coherency. Suddenly, though, the boy of gears has his eyes fixed on her and she feels the hairs on the back of her neck slowly rise. He rushes forward and grabs her wrist before she can snatch it away. Troy tugs and it takes every bit of restraint within her to not dig her feet into the sand and refuse to budge. So, instead, she tumbles forward with Cam and submits to their impending ascent, casting a dubious glance over to her companion that mirrors the good question she'd just posed.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,495 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:

@K'sariya & @Elysia

I should be much steadier on replies now, exempting this weekend!! thank you both so much for your patience!

Kit: Post 9
    Cam: Post 9

Hard Mission:
    Prize Package:

celebi PokeSoul
    #10 // wc: 648

Anxiety waves and wanes on Lucca’s consciousness as they watch over the two young girls on their adventure. Cam’s assembly of Wingnut strikes them with a surprisingly nostalgic tenderness; they wish to comfort, to console, yet they realize that their contact is not needed in the interaction between woman and machine. Lucca forces themselves to stay back, instead gently eying the Kit who keeps up with Troy’s antics even as the girl exchanges with the other girl a question of who’s talking about what and where they’re all going together. These questions spiral together straight past the Lucca who follows with light footsteps, only occasionally looking over their shoulder to the sandsea that has swallowed their oars and their screams for safety just a little earlier. Lucca’s hat dips forth a bit in the soft stream still blowing, and the spirit captures it with the tips of their fingers. It’s been quite the day so far, yet the drenched darkness punctured by only gears above would provide no signs as to what time it actually is.

“Where to go? To go somewhere to show you something!” Troy ecstatically booms, shifting slightly so both girls’ arms are hooked into either of his own. The gear-steps stretch upwards with their ascent until it seems like their every footstep has revolved the world just a bit, just a degree more so that the horizon has come closer to them. Gently, daylight replaces darkness. The thick cloud covering above dissipates until light begins burning through. “A gift from Archaea… or rather, something we all cherish, you cherish too!” A jocular, crooked grin crowns the boy’s face as he continues upwards. Warm sunshine coats their skin as a field of blue unveils before them, this time only occasionally peppered by the gears weaving in and out of the sky.

A steamship sits on the skyline. Troy’s body twitches as he eyes it, happy jolts of recognition coursing through his whole being. Without further ado, he sprints towards the aged hunk of retired steel, a giant contraption held together by only the bandages of fresh gears spinning away at one another. A giant rectangular sail perpendicular with three smaller sails surrounding it billows in the unperturbed sky, announcing its legendary presence to those who gaze upon it. Three levels of ship exist on the ship sitting afloat, each one inviting the children towards exploring its deep depths. In the far distance, different splits of time scintillate with their historical wonders. However, their shine lies in parallel to the darkness of the ship, somewhat obsolete save for the gears keeping it afloat.

“Something from Archaea. To time travel. But need your help starting it,” Troy urges, desperately looking at both girls. “Any way you can!”

“Incredible,” Lucca mutters in a breathless word as they approach the ship, walking on the clear blue sky. “You’ll be able to travel much faster than we ever have with a machine that can sail through time.” In the back of their mind, a question brews like a storm: for how long have Archaea been building such a massive ship? What would power it, especially with the qualities of the ones who’ve passed the Test of Time? Lucca takes a long stride forward, not wanting to strike too much caution into the heart of adventure. When they place one palm over the cold, rusted steel, the ship creaks with a deep movement as if something from within has stirred. Lucca smiles, lifting their palm up and feeling warmth emanate from the surface. “Archaea should be proud,” the Celebi Spirit says, nodding encouragingly in the direction of the young girls. “Meet their wills on the ship and explore what they have to say, too. Maybe that will help us start it.”

Troy shakes his head excitedly, nearly popping his shoulders off. “Lead the way!” he exclaims, too excited to stand straight.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

words || 450

Cam couldn't remember the last time she was shown something this fantastical and asked simply to explore. No rules, no watching, no 'don't blow up the basement while I'm away, Cam, and I mean it this time'. Just a wide open path with a bright sky above, and now Troy was asking her for help. Troy believed that she could help. Troy believed in her.

The sudden freedom practically gave her wings, her body practically humming with excitement while Lucca kept saying things about pride and willpower and time travel and some nouns that she really wasn't focusing on because there was a giant magical ship in the sky that defied all conventions of engineering. She'd thought that the ethereal crystalline swans would be the most exciting things today, or that the vortex of sandy time would set her heart aflame, but this...
    ...This was her home turf. Something to build, something to see, something that someone else had built with time and care and love, with a story carved between the screws. There was a sort of character that you could see beneath anyone's design, the same way that Mom and Wingnut could look at artwork and say who made it (even though Cam had no idea except for that really old guy who drew like crayons). You could see the heart of someone's mind laid out before you when they built, when they meant it. It was like writing letters to a new friend; tracing over bevels as if they were letters. And this one... it was hard to tell, but it looked old and rusty, with a million stories to tell in every iron flake. "Race you!" she shouted to Kit and the others, and then she sprinted headlong towards the ship.

Wingnut squawked in alarm and flapped laboriously after her, his newly-repaired wings struggling at first to part the air around him. He righted himself and began propelling himself through the air with bold, powerful wingbeats, easily closing the distance between them, and added his obligatory, Be careful, little one..

"Lucca and Troy didn't say I have to so you can't either!" Cam shouted, reveling in the ability to rub someone else's authority in his face.

Running through sand was tricky; it kept trying to swallow her legs and got in her boots and made her toes all icky. No wonder Wingnut preferred to fly, but here, she was practically sailing anyway. She pulled up short as she made it up to the deck of the boat, sand trailing out of her boots, and waited to see what stories the ship had to tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,651 (0 Banked)

KAYUQTUQ "KIT" AALUK

They ascend. Troy is an enigma and like an animal, Kit finds herself unnerved by the mystery that rolls off of him in ways. She is still very human, with a very healthy fear of the unknown, but Aput tries to soothe her. I was a mystery to you once, too, he says, but she shakes her head and responds: Only what you were was a mystery. I knew what you were thinking. Him? I have no clue.

But on the skyline is a bulk, a contraption of a size she's overwhelmed by. Instantly, Kit doesn't want to go anywhere near it--while Wingnut was at least a mockery of something natural, everything about the airship screamed man, screamed echoes of oil spilling into oceans. But Cam's energy is contagious, and for the first time in years, she finds herself sprinting in a race that wasn't for her life. The air rushing against her face and the endless field of verdant green below make her giddy; this world was a cruel one, where children grew early, but there was still a fair bit of something naive locked away in her.

Cam wins the race easily, always a few steps ahead, but the girl isn't perturbed. Kit isn't particularly slow but she is bulky, built more for strength and stamina than speed. Besides, the whole time her eyes are on the airship, trailing up its massive form as they near it. She feels quite daunted. This whole situation has left her a bit more meek than she's ever been. Aput points that out to her as she comes to a stop before they enter.

Childish excitement fades. Heart thuds in her chest with unease. She can't shake the feeling that once she enters the belly of this beast, she might not find her way out. Its aura is neutral, offering nothing, betraying nothing. A bit shyly, she reaches for Cam's hand, attention seized by the ship in front of her. It's a surprisingly vulnerable gesture. Kit figures that if they're going to reach a potential point of no return by stepping in, they might as well do it together--and without a bit of something to hold onto, it was likely she'd dig her feet in and refuse to enter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast