User Tag List

Thread: Malva

some day, my dream will find me Super Moderator Mistral's Avatar
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,004 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default Malva

Malva was not only an Elite Four member that specialized in Fire types, but she was also a member of Team Flare. You don't learn of this until the Looker side quest, however.

How did you feel knowing that Malva was a part of Team Flare and also part of the Elite Four?

~~

For me, I thought it was pretty cool that she was part of the Elite Four and Team Flare. I would've liked it more though if they'd made it more of a big thing and not just something thrown into a part of the Looker side quest in the post game. Something where you're encountering her around Team Flare in the main game, then you find out she's in the Elite Four, then in the Looker side quest, you find out more about her, I dunno. It just seems like it was a random tidbit that was thrown in, and they could've done a lot more with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,304 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Oh Malva, Malva... she had everything to be one of the most memorable E4 members ever created and yet, as interesting as the concept behind her was I can't help but think it was poorly executed given her lack of involvement in the main storyline, making the end result rather lackluster imo. Also the lack of a third game where this could potentially have been better developed did her no favors either imo

GotHW & FFVIII remake when Moderator Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    7,507 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Personally I never cared about her or the fact that she was an ex Team Flare member, she was pretty forgettable imo. They should have given her a role in the main storyline since she was a member then, would have made things more interesting really, instead of finding out after you beat the game and decide to do the Looker side quests (which were boring). I feel they just put that little fact on her out of nowhere, to try to give a reason she was a jerk to you when you battle her.

Mighty Morphin' Poké Ranger LowlyHumanCub's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,261 (0 Banked)

It's kind of interesting, like Giovanni being in the Indigo League, but like that it isn't fleshed out or explored in a really satisfying way (at least to my knowledge from the games/anime, never read much Pokémon manga). I think since Pokémon in general is targeted at a young audience that's one aspect of story that's pretty ignored; for the most part everything centers around a given main character, and though the universe is certainly fleshed out and creative the story is more a series of hopping from event to event rather than a real story. Unless it somehow directly relates to the main character usually it seems details and actions of supporting characters aren't considered important.

5. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,881 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician Karina View Post
    Personally I never cared about her or the fact that she was an ex Team Flare member, she was pretty forgettable imo. They should have given her a role in the main storyline since she was a member then, would have made things more interesting really, instead of finding out after you beat the game and decide to do the Looker side quests (which were boring). I feel they just put that little fact on her out of nowhere, to try to give a reason she was a jerk to you when you battle her.
    Agreed. It would've been a bit hard considering she also doubles as a news reporter for Kalos TV but Giovanni managed it. Battling her throughout the story (say that lysandre is restraining her from using her full power in case of a blown cover or something) would've made you care a lot more @ e4 when she calls you out for killing her Dr. Octopus cosplaying ass bf. Cool concept again, lame execution

7. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post