User Tag List

Thread: Honest Discussions & Member Feedback

The Wrath of Hoenn

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,376 (0 Banked)

Default Honest Discussions & Member Feedback

Let's make this place a bit more lively, two ways at once! With a discussion about how to make this place more lively!

For this, I'm very interested in hearing from not just current URPG members, but also those who have quit in the past or have considered joining but didn't. We'd like to make this as welcoming an environment as possible and to do that it's important to hear from those who do not find it as such. Everyone's opinion is important and everyone's voice deserves to be heard!

There's been a decline in activity lately as we all know, not just because of the school year but even before that during the summer (though it's foolish to deny the school year playing a part in the current levels). Instead of just sitting by and watching a blank chat day after day, we should be working on fixing it. Feel free to say anything else on the topic as well, but these are some questions that can be a guideline if you're not sure what to say. Everything said will be read and considered.

What are the things that most discourage you from participating more in URPG? Perhaps a particular system in the game that you find uninteresting which spoils the rest of it, or a lack of things to do for one reason or another?

Are there any particular things that you think could be done to fix that problem? Perhaps a modification to turn that part interesting again, a way to make it not spoil anything else, or another type of thing to do?

Any other changes you'd like to see within URPG? Be realistic. (for example: "Give everyone $1,000,000" may sound good now, but it's not going to happen (and I believe even if it did, it would not be as helpful as you might imagine). "Use a tournament style other than Single Elimination" would be something that would be easy and likely to occur given demand for it.)

If you were a new URPG member who just joined, would you stick around? Why or why not? If you have any concerns for things that discourage new players sticking around, we'd love to hear them so we can fix them.

Anything else you'd like to add? Maybe there's a certain thing which is just really awesome! Maybe there's something we could better do to reach out to more people and help them discover URPG.

Again, you may use these or not, they're just guidelines if you're unsure what to say.

Code for the questions by themselves, in case you want it:
    HTML Code:
    [b]What are the things that most discourage you from participating more in URPG?[/b]

[b]Are there any particular things that you think could be done to fix that problem?[/b]

[b]Any other changes you'd like to see within URPG?[/b]

[b]If you were a new URPG member who just joined, would you stick around?  Why or why not?[/b]

[b]Anything else you'd like to add?[/b]
    If for any reason you don't want to post something publicly in this thread, you may PM me or another URPG Staff member on forums (my BMG inbox is limited in space, but I'll try to keep a few open in case it's needed) or IM me on AIM (MewAshMew)/Skype (find me as "Ash K." in the URPG, PWN, and PXR Skype chats. I don't like posting my Skype name on forums. You can also VM/PM me with your Skype name and I'll add you.) or email me (mewalcadiesmew @ gmail . com (without spaces, adding those to decrease potential spambots), but that's the way that may take the longest to notice)

PXR Discussion | PWN Discussion | BMG Discussion
    Ash K. on BMG/PXR/SPC, Alcadies on PE2K, MewAshMew on AIM.
    URPG: Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Legend Defender, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    URPG Stats
    Feel free to ask me any questions you have about URPG.
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey
    1896/1926/1966

2. Likes Smiles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,007 (0 Banked)

free time is overrated amirite guys?

What are the things that most discourage you from participating more in URPG?

School. School and School. I takes me a good month or so to get into a regular school routine, but my schedule this semester is just extremely busy. I want to get started, but with the level of commitment I have to make right now, there's just no way.

Even without school I'm busy, but during the school year it's almost hopeless to get me to do anything lol.

And finally, not knowing what to do can be discouragement. I've been finding that I do get easily lost in navigating through the URPG stuff, though this also may be partly due to the fact that I can never spend too much isolated time on any particular aspect of the RPG as things currently stand.

Are there any particular things that you think could be done to fix that problem?

I wish I could tell you - we're having the same problem at a board that I help manage. A big part of the problem is simply the school year, which means it might be difficult to get some people to get back into rhythm. Perhaps a URPG-related event of some sort would help? I can't say I would know for a board of this size, but it might be worth trying.

Any other changes you'd like to see within URPG?

Can't really say, since I haven't really started. However, my advice is - more visible documentation, the better. Even small things like adding more Q&A's to the FAQ Section would be an immense help. If you don't have one already, a "getting started" guide would be immensely helpful (if you do have one, tell me where it is please! xD)

If you were a new URPG member who just joined, would you stick around? Why or why not?

I joined a couple months ago, so I suppose I'm one of the guys that didn't "stick around". But I will mention that I do plan on getting started eventually. I just... need to find the right window of opportunity to do so. Sorry! xD

Anything else you'd like to add?

Nah, I gotta go study for a bio quiz. And a Japanese quiz. And do my homework. And revise my all campus email... and zzzzzz.....

4. Likes ~Ash K. liked this post
    So Ace Staff AlumniAce Member CommBA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,199 (0 Banked)

What are the things that most discourage you from participating more in URPG?

Various reasons which include but aren't limited to: thinking "I'm 27, the shit am I still doing here?", battling anxiety where I feel like I'm a fraud because somehow a rumor got started that I'm a pretty good battler, toxic chumps like MLoud, so much to EM that it's a draining slog of the same ol' same ol', school/life, probably other things?!? This was just off the top of my head.

Are there any particular things that you think could be done to fix that problem?

Nah. Most of my things are, like, my own shit I gotta deal with. The only thing with a "fixable" problem is just finding a better way to EM the things I want to EM/earn money in general, but even then I wouldn't do those things most likely so not like it matters.

Any other changes you'd like to see within URPG?

Not really. Not a clue honestly. I'm not helpful at all with this thing.

If you were a new URPG member who just joined, would you stick around? Why or why not?

N/A

Anything else you'd like to add?

Two things:

1) Shout out to Ashward for helping me get rid of the garbage PWN copying thing it did.

2) Congrats new ref

6. Likes Seppe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,089 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by CommBA View Post
    2) Congrats new ref
    Thanks

The Wrath of Hoenn

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,376 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by CommBA View Post
    1) Shout out to Ashward for helping me get rid of the garbage PWN copying thing it did.

You're welcome!

2) Congrats new ref

It's actually a new judge.
    More seriously though, I think Taav is definitely right. A lot of the information is still scattered and difficult to locate, and does lack in some tips in what to actually do in the beginning. I have put the Getting Started on infohub with a lot of changes since that post, but it's still messy and not the only thing that needs to better organized.
    Ash K. on BMG/PXR/SPC, Alcadies on PE2K, MewAshMew on AIM.
    URPG: Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Legend Defender, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    URPG Stats
    Feel free to ask me any questions you have about URPG.
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey
    1896/1926/1966