View RSS Feed

&watchingyougrow~

~~~ sky high ~~~

Rate this Entry
Playing catch up again, whoaaaaa!

Day 5
{Food}
Mmmm, love me some food. But I'm pretty picky, so there's loads of foods I don't actually like. I also just cannot eat the same thing over and over again. I'd get bored of it and just sick of it. Foods I like include pizza, nachos, trail mix (especially the ones you can get at Target, mmmm), chips & dip, and basically a bunch of other unhealthy foods. xD But I do eat healthy foods too, don't get me wrong! Foods I don't like include fish (I actually cannot stand the smell of fish; I do like shrimp though and I can eat some sushi), tomatoes (but I'll eat tomato sauce and use ketchup), a lot of vegetables (eggplant, squash, and asparagus are three I can think of off the top of my head), and beans (which are a vegetable? idk). Basically, if it looks good, I'll probably eat it if I know what all's in it. I'm the kind of person that has to look at menus for places before I go so that I'm not awkwardly walking out because there's nothing I like. (Unless it's like a pizza place. Then I can totally just walk in and be fine.)

{Hobbies}
Bulleted list here, woo!

Video Games: Obviously. I've taken a recent foray into computer gaming, but the majority of my gaming happens on the (3)DS and the Wii. My poor laptop can only handle so much. :c I can get into most things, but I mostly prefer RPGs. I can play fighting games too though.
Reading: I love reading. I actually volunteered in a library for about 3 years, and it was pretty cool. I mostly enjoy reading fantasy and romance books, but I can get into just about anything if it sounds interesting enough. My favorite book of all time is probably the Harry Potter series. also i have a whole list of books i want to read and buy and ugh and i'm too broke for these things @[email protected]
Writing: I've been writing since my later years of grade school, back when I first discovered the internets. I'm not the greatest writer, I'll admit that much, but I can say that I'm loads better than when I first started. I mostly prefer writing fanfiction, but I do write original stories on occasion, typically for NaNoWriMo. A lot of my recent works that I've been posting have been Pokemon related for the URPG (which can typically be seen here or on BMGf; I haven't posted anything on PXR yet, but I might in the future) and a piece called Into the Moonlight that I've been working on since 2012 and just doing a very bad job of updating it. I've found focusing on one project at a time helps loads.
Role Playing: I've also been RPing since about the time I'd discovered the internet, so about 10 years. I'm not the greatest at this either, but a lot of it typically depends on the quality of the post I'm replying to, at least for me. I'm also helping (or heading? Don't even know) the Sigma RPG here on PWN, an idea I had where players can create a character (or maybe characters! :0) and travel to all of the regions of the Pokemon world. I'm also pretty active in our URPG branch.
Making pretty pictures in Photoshop: But pretty is a loose term. Really, I just like playing in Photoshop. I never really learned the whole blending thing, and all attempts to do so have been total failures. :c

{Emotions}
Mmm, emotions. I'm generally a happy person. I get into these moods sometimes where I feel like I'm doing nothing right though because nothing's really happening or I just can't get anything done. But then I sort of come out of it and all's well. I've been told I smile a lot too. I'm also the kind of person that tends to bottle up their emotions and let it all out in a burst of anger and unhappiness and tears. It's not great, but it's better than keeping it in forever. Basically, it takes a lot for me to genuinely get angry at someone. I can get frustrated with you, but for me to be genuinely angry at you, you'd have to have done something to really get under my skin.

Day 6
{Dreams}
For literal dreams, I don't really remember them. I sometimes have falling dreams, but I rarely remember those either.

For dreams as in things I aspire towards, I really aspire towards being successful in whatever it is I end up doing with my degree when I finish college. I'm presently going for a degree in International Studies, using Russian as my focus language. Languages and other cultures have always fascinated me, so it only makes sense that I'd do this versus any other career path. Except maybe writing, but there's not really a guarantee I'd get published. I do intend to take up graphic design (a career choice I'd had through two years of my high school career) and creative writing as minors when I transfer next year though. double minoring gonna die wat

{Adventures}
I never really went on many adventures as a child. .-. I usually stayed pretty close to home, and I wasn't really one to break rules. Where I lived for much of my childhood, all through elementary school and a year and a half of middle school, there was a wooded area nearby that a friend and I went and explored once. It was pretty neat. I don't really remember it, but I remember going in it. That's probably the closest thing to an adventure I ever really did. I was always hesitant about doing things in case my mom somehow found out because I didn't want to get in trouble.

{Inspiration}
Oh gosh, I don't even know what to say for this. @[email protected] Music inspires me a lot, I think. It helps me get things done, especially if it's upbeat & all. I haven't really been listening to much music lately though. Other than that, I know if I really want something, I'll see that I try my best to get it. I guess that makes me inspired? I dunno. Sometimes when I'm aspiring to reach a goal, I'll be inspired to work harder to do it if I know I'll get a reward out of it. .-. Goal setting, really, I guess.

Day 7
{The future}
I usually try not to think about the future so much because everything can change so rapidly. One little incident can make everything you've ever planned go wrong. Focusing on the present typically works better for me. I do, however, have hopes for my future. I hope to get married one day, have a family, all that stuff. I hope that I graduate college and university and make my family and the people I genuinely care about proud. I want to be successful. I want to not move around a lot and just have a stable home where we're in one place for a long time (assuming nothing crazy happens) like I had to as a child (and even now), unless I end up marrying someone in the military because then I can understand it. c:

{Superpowers}
If I could have the power to stop time, that'd be great. Just for myself and maybe one other person or a group of people or whatever. But I'd love to be able to just stop time and get so much done and then let time go back to the way it was, but with so much more done. It'd be great. Also the power to fly would be pretty neat. I wouldn't have to drive anywhere anymore. Drivers here suck, ugh.

{Travel}
I'd like to start this off by saying that I'm absolutely scared of flying on a plane. No idea why, I just am.

But I really would like to travel one day. By plane, probably, since that seems like the fastest method of transport, but by train or bus or car (ROAD TRIP!) would be cool too. Maybe I could do all of them one day. I admit a road trip could be pretty cool. c: Specific places I'd like to travel to are New York City, a place my mom & I would really like to go to, and London, where my mom's from. She's also really wanted to take me to the Canary Islands. I think going to Spain would be cool too, especially if I can still somehow manage to speak the language fluently. Russia too, if I can learn how to speak enough of the language to survive there. xD The 2018 World Cup is supposed to be there; it'd be cool if I could actually go, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Old Entries

Comments